Monday, September 1, 2014

Building the Perfect Teacher

My name is Alex and I am a sophomore at Reading Memorial High School.

Student Loan Forgiveness for Teachers
 https://www.studentzoom.com/public_services/1/vert:teachers
     There are many things that make a teacher great. A great teacher is not only kind, helpful and encouraging, but they also listen to what their students have to say and are fair. Most importantly, a great teacher knows how to have fun while getting work done with their class. They also make their classes interesting and fun and their students learn a lot. When I think of a few of my favorite teachers from earlier years, I remember that they were kind, helpful and fair. They were also very encouraging and genuinely cared about their students and their lives not only in school, but also out of school. They realized that there was more to their students than the English class or the science class that they were going to each day. They were also able to keep their classes engaged and having fun while their students were learning. To me, being able to have fun and learn is the best thing that a teacher can do to make their class a better place. In these classes, people looked forward to learning; people looked forward to going to class because they knew they were going to have fun and do something useful. This year, it would be very helpful if you could give us time in class to get as much work done as possible so that we won’t have a lot of work to do at home. That will keep me from staying up late to finish my homework every night and will help keep my stress level down. Every student deserves a great teacher and a great education.

     John Green was definitely right in saying that people have a duty to use their education to do great things. Not everyone is lucky enough to have an education, let alone an outstanding education, so why should I waste it when I can use the resources that I have to do these great things. An education gives me more knowledge and more knowledge leads to a broader thought process. With my knowledge and broader thought process, I am the best qualified person to help the world and do great things. I need to honor this privilege. Implementing goals for myself will also lead me in the direction of doing great things with my education. One academic goal I have for this year is to be on the high honor roll. In order to reach this goal I am going to have to thoroughly prepare for my tests, quizzes and classes in general. Another goal I have is to be a better flute player. In order to get better at playing, I need to practice my flute every day. These goals are the first step in using my education to do great things.


No comments:

Post a Comment